Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I Don’t Even Know What To Say Anymore…

To say that this year has been eventful would be an understatement.  Until April I would have said that my deployment would be the highlight of the year…I can’t say that anymore!  April 1, Lady M informed me that we (more so her than me) are once again pregnant.  Yes, you read that correctly, PREGNANT.  Let me go ahead and answer the questions that we everybody seems to have:

  1. Yes, we know about the birds and the bees.  We do know where babies come from…despite what I learned from the school bus sex education class!
  2. No, we were not trying.  Without going into too much detail…we were using preventive measures that was supposed to be 99% effective.
  3. No, I will not be back stateside when the baby is born.
  4. No, we are not trying give the Duggar’s a run for their money.
  5. No, we are not addicted to the tax credit we receive with each kid…but it will be nice!
  6. No, we were not trying one last time for a boy!

While this was not on our radar screen we couldn’t be more excited.  The fact that God has surprised to bless us with another child is in my mind the closest thing to the definition of awesome that I can imagine!  If you needed visual proof here is Lady M’s ultrasound. 

#4 10 weeks

To the best of our knowledge the baby is almost 10 weeks so that means we are looking at a early December due date however, after discussing Lady M’s previous pregnancies with the doctor we are probably going to have the baby mid-November…further insuring that I will not be back in time.  So, we are going to be using and abusing Skype as much as possible!  At least I can be here for most of the first trimester and enjoy the random cravings such Philly Cheese Steaks, Chinese, Mexican, and cinnamon rolls.

Overall we are still stunned to know that there will be another child in our family come November.  I am still having a hard time comprehending that when leaving I will be saying good bye to 3 kids but when I come back I will be saying hello to 4.  However, I wouldn’t have in any other way!  We will have to wait until late July to find out if this child will bring further meaning to the blog’s name or if I need to come up with a new one! So I promise to give more updates as the pregnancy and my deployment progresses!  Stay tuned for the link where you can make donations to the Pritchett Kid College Fund!

- Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment