Thursday, March 8, 2012

Blog Lay Off and Summer Vacations

So if you haven’t noticed I've been absent quite a lot in my blog posting...that also means that I've running has been absent with me.  Lately work seems to have sucked all of the motivation and energy out of me but replaced it with stress, longer hours and even more stress.  Unfortunately I’ve allowed the frustration to impact some of my yearly goals.  I think mileage goal is pretty much shot. The good news is that, while not planned, I would not have been able to meet my goal anyway. Making this a bit better is that this reason is because I'm getting an all-inclusive vacation!  For 6-months I will be able to make sand castles and get a nice sun tan. The bad news is that this vacation will be located in place where there is 652,230 square miles of land and 0 square miles of water.  Instead of a nice luxurious beach I will get to see this.

Afghanistan

Afghanistan, is not the place that I planned to spend my summer but I have no room to complain; I’m fortunate that this deployment is only 6-months long instead of a year.  Ironically I was notified of the deployment within an hour of our family confirming reservations for a summer vacation at the beach.  Yes, one with an ocean.  Shoving the knife a bit deeper into my back, the day that I have to be in country is the same day that Lady M and the girls will be enjoying a condo facing the ocean with my parents, sister, brother-in-law and their kids!

I hope to be able to keep up with blog while I’m overseas because from what I’m told unless you are working (which will be 7 days a week) there isn’t much else to do.  Most people spend their extra free time working out so I’m hoping to take advantage of this opportunity to lose the unwanted weight and blog often.  As for my running, unless they have satellite races I don’t see any races over the summer, not even a 5K.  Therefore, I’m going to repost some updated goals for 2012 and do my best to reach them while I’m gone.  But until I’m airborne and headed across the pond I’m going to do my best and update the blog more frequently and spend extra time with the family. 

For those who haven’t forgotten about me or haven’t deleted my blog from your reader, THANKS! 

1 comment:

  1. I have not forgotten you! I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete