Wednesday, January 25, 2012

RIAWOP: Random 11

I've been bogged down with just about everything you can imagine so something had to give...unfortunately it was updating RIAWOP.  Making matters worse the busiest time of year has arrived at work so I am hoping to get at least 2 posts per week.
 
Spanning across the blogsosphere are posts where you provide 11 random things that you think most people won't know.  With my temporary absence I thought it is a great idea to get back into the swing of things.  Here are the details: 
 
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in this post
  1. At the age of 35, I’m still immature and not very smart – I still have a baby tooth and had all six, yes six, of my wisdom teeth pulled at once.
  2. Math was my worst subject in school – yet, I love everything that involves data, excel spreadsheets. 
  3. I love fantasy baseball and have been in a fantasy baseball keeper league for 3 years – this compliments my love for those things listed in #2.  Yes, I have a spreadsheet that helps me track players and potential trades
  4. In my mind, there are 3 different food groups.  Cheeseburgers, Italian, and Mexican - This explains why I’ve always been overweight my whole life.
  5. I was a total choir geek in high school.  I was in concert choir, show choir and renaissance singers.  I’m glad that I was a part of those groups because I have a good appreciation for all types of music but I wish I did more things to broaden my high school life.
  6. My oldest daughter told me that she was going to root of the the New York Yankees when she gets older!  Is 6 years to old to have an intervention? 
  7. My first job was making flavored shaved ice – I almost lost that job because I tried to imitate Tom Cruise in the movie Cocktail by traveling to Jamaica to sell flavored shaved ice meeting woman and falling in love attempting to do tricks with the flavor bottles.  
  8. While in high school I was fortunate to see two Broadway shows in New York, “The Phantom of the Opera” and “Guys and Dolls”.  Both were awesome but I enjoyed “Guys and Dolls” more.
  9. Despite my lack of posting on this blog I think I would love to be able to write for a living – I guess I need to learn when to use a comma and a semi-colon.
  10. My all time favorite cereal is Cap’n Crunch followed by Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
  11. The first cassette (remember those) that I bought was “Footloose” – I almost got Ghostbusters” but I thought it would be scary

This is the easiest part - (okay copy - paste - then answer - here we go)

1. What was your favorite vacation of all time?  Bed and breakfast with Lady M in the Alabama mountains
2.  Snacks: Sweet or Salty? Sweet
3.  What were you doing around this time ten years ago?  Just 2 weeks shy of meeting Lady M for the first time and getting ready to deploy to Al Udeid Qatar
4.  Hit play on your Ipod (iphone, cassette, 8-track, whatever)  Nothing…my iPod battery had died, sad huh?  If I hit play in my truck it would play “Dad Life”, the girls love that song


5.  What was your favorite memory of 2011?  Family vacation at Disney World, it was a rough week since we went in July but we all had a blast
6.  Google “(Your first name) needs”. What comes up?  The top two results are “Ray needs energy” which is ironically very true and “Apparently, What Ray J needs is to show off more of his body”…um, no I don’t!
7.  What is your favorite running or triathlon related product?  Hands down my favorite running related product is my Garmin Forerunner 305.  Even though I get lost with all of the data after uploading it to my computer, I study my stats after each run.
8.  If you could only do one race, which one would it be?  Probably a Disney World race, what’s not to love about running in the place “where dreams come true”.  I’ve often thought about making the Disney World Marathon my first.  I’ve heard so many good things about it (if you aren’t worried about your time)
9Do you prefer to train alone or in groups?  Apart from random runs with friends, I always run solo.  The idea of slowing the group up holds me back from running with a club.
10What is the one race you wouldn’t mind doing over and over again?   Unfortunately, I haven’t found a race that I HAVE to do every year.  The 2011 National Half is high on the list though.
11.  What accomplishment makes you the most proud?  I’m assuming this accomplishment is running related so it has to be that I signed up and ran last year half marathon without support of another person who was running it as well.  The training for my first half marathon was easier because I knew I had a friend training as well.  Plus, I met my goal!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for sharing. Cinnamon Toast Crunch is my 1st favorite. lol. So Tom Cruise, how about a drink? Good answers! ......and italian would be my favorite food group. Take care.

    ReplyDelete