I've been bogged down with just about everything you can imagine so something had to give...unfortunately it was updating RIAWOP. Making matters worse the busiest time of year has arrived at work so I am hoping to get at least 2 posts per week.
Spanning across the blogsosphere are posts where you provide 11 random things that you think most people won't know. With my temporary absence I thought it is a great idea to get back into the swing of things. Here are the details:
- At the age of 35, I’m still immature and not very smart – I still have a baby tooth and had all six, yes six, of my wisdom teeth pulled at once.
- I love fantasy baseball and have been in a fantasy baseball keeper league for 3 years – this compliments my love for those things listed in #2. Yes, I have a spreadsheet that helps me track players and potential trades
- In my mind, there are 3 different food groups. Cheeseburgers, Italian, and Mexican - This explains why I’ve always been overweight my whole life.
- My oldest daughter told me that she was going to root of the the New York Yankees when she gets older! Is 6 years to old to have an intervention?
This is the easiest part - (okay copy - paste - then answer - here we go)
1. What was your favorite vacation of all time? Bed and breakfast with Lady M in the Alabama mountains
2. Snacks: Sweet or Salty? Sweet
3. What were you doing around this time ten years ago? Just 2 weeks shy of meeting Lady M for the first time and getting ready to deploy to Al Udeid Qatar
4. Hit play on your Ipod (iphone, cassette, 8-track, whatever) Nothing…my iPod battery had died, sad huh? If I hit play in my truck it would play “Dad Life”, the girls love that song
5. What was your favorite memory of 2011? Family vacation at Disney World, it was a rough week since we went in July but we all had a blast
6. Google “(Your first name) needs”. What comes up? The top two results are “Ray needs energy” which is ironically very true and “Apparently, What Ray J needs is to show off more of his body”…um, no I don’t!
7. What is your favorite running or triathlon related product? Hands down my favorite running related product is my Garmin Forerunner 305. Even though I get lost with all of the data after uploading it to my computer, I study my stats after each run.
8. If you could only do one race, which one would it be? Probably a Disney World race, what’s not to love about running in the place “where dreams come true”. I’ve often thought about making the Disney World Marathon my first. I’ve heard so many good things about it (if you aren’t worried about your time)
9. Do you prefer to train alone or in groups? Apart from random runs with friends, I always run solo. The idea of slowing the group up holds me back from running with a club.
10. What is the one race you wouldn’t mind doing over and over again? Unfortunately, I haven’t found a race that I HAVE to do every year. The 2011 National Half is high on the list though.
11. What accomplishment makes you the most proud? I’m assuming this accomplishment is running related so it has to be that I signed up and ran last year half marathon without support of another person who was running it as well. The training for my first half marathon was easier because I knew I had a friend training as well. Plus, I met my goal!