Friday, April 1, 2011

March Recap

March Running Stats
Planned: 87
Ran: 70
Delta: -17

Favorite Run:
This is a no brainer...the National Half Marathon.  Despite missing some runs throughout the month I still met my goal.  I was amazed that there were tons of supports and cheering sections for most of the course.  This aspect of race was well above my expectations as this was not the case with the Air Force Half in 2006.  You can count me running this again in 2012.

Again, this is a no brainer.  My "Non Long - Long Run".  My scheduled 11 miler only lasted 3 miles thanks to intestinal issues from the previous night's dinner.  This was my first missed long run of the year so I was a tad bit worried about it going into the race however everything turned out pretty good. 

This Month's Lesson Learned:
1) I need to properly if I want to keep on running.  While I think I have a pretty strong stomach I don't.  CINCDAF and my own mother have told me on multiple occasions that I have a sensitive stomach so I need to be careful.  Maybe they are on to something.

2) So far I've fallen short on every monthly goals for 2011 (Jan-6, Feb-17, Mar-17)...however, I only missed 1 long run.  While every run is important the long runs are essential to a training program.  I don't like missing any of the weekly runs but I don't think if affected me as much as it I would have missed long runs.

Quick Peek to Next Month
I'm looking at running 77 miles.  This will be the first time that I've ever done speedwork or tempo runs so things might be interesting.  I will also be looking a 10K race to run to make things a bit more exciting.  I already know of one week where work will take me to Tucson, AR so I need to start looking for routes near where I will be staying.  I really don't want to run the streets next to the hotel...I did that in Texas and it was pretty boring.

1 comment:

  1. Scottsdale & Tempe, AZ has lots of trail areas to run on, I assume Tuscon is the same! Have fun, my mom lived there for years and I always enjoyed running there on visits, even if I had to get out by 5am to avoid the heat of some seasons! ;)

    Yay, Tempo, these will leave you RACE-READY! Also, I replied on my blog to your comment on the rib out! ;)

    ReplyDelete