Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Its Nice To Actually Feel Like A Runner

Mark it down on the calendar, on Monday 14 March 2011, I finally feel apart of the running community.  One of my co-workers made a sarcastic remark about my running.  According to office I run everyday at lunch so when I came back from lunch and mentioned that I was worn out they immediately thought that I just got done.  Trying to be "smart" my co-worker said, "Why, did you just finish running 10 miles?"  I could barely keep a straight face when I replied with, "No, I did that on Saturday."

This couldn't have come at a better time as I'm staring to get pumped up the upcoming half.  I've also noticed that I'm doing random things that me people think is weird.

Things like:
  • Randomly starting the trip-odometer in the truck to find new running routes.
  • Practicing the body form/position to perfect the snot rocket because the wrong form can leave your quite sticky.
  • Complaining how how big hills are when running yet how small it feels when driving.
  • Stretching out my legs whenever I get a chance.  I'm not quite as bad as this guy but I've been known to use an escalator to stretch out my calves.


This is the second badge of honor in recent days to put a little pep in my step.  There might be a third in the near future if my toenail continues to get darker and fall off.  The month of March has been very motivating for me. 

Its nice to actually feel like a runner.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your toenail falls off painlessly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, when the toenail goes it's completely official. NO going back. :-)

    ReplyDelete