Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Year with New Goals

My goal for 2011 can be summed up in one word.  Consistency.   In efforts to meet another goal (run a marathon in 2012) I need to build a strong mileage base that prepares my body to the longer runs.  So my other goals match up with building this mileage base:

-          Stay healthy
-          Run 1000 miles (with my 5 miles already run this week I’m already .30% of the way there!)
-          Run a 10K
-          PR in a 5K
-          PR in a Half Marathon

Here is my race schedule for 2011.  I’m not going to freak out if I can’t run all of the races but after running the Fairfax Four Miler on New Year’s Eve I have extra motivation to get back out there and mingle in the back of the pack. 

3 comments:

  1. So basically your goal for 2011 is to make me seem really really lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually kind of intimidated about the mileage. As long as I can avoid injuries I should be fine.

    One day I want to run the Walt Disney World Marathon...how far are y'all from Orlando?

    ReplyDelete
  3. An hour and a half, enough that we do occasional day trips. That would be awesome to run!

    ReplyDelete