Monday, January 31, 2011

January Recap/Stats

January Recap/Stats

I read a good monthly recap on another blog so I'm copying their idea.  I'm hoping that it can give me a good way to look back and see how I did against my goals.


Miles Planned/Ran: 52 mi/46.5 mi


Rest Days Planned/Taken: 12/14 (I missed two runs (2 and 3.5 miles) and last week thanks to crappy weather and treadmill that wasn't working right.


Long Runs Planned/Ran: 4/4


Favorite run: My favorite run in January was probably the 2 miler that felt like everything was clicking.  I didn't get winded until the right at the end.  For the first time in a VERY long time it felt like I was actually doing something right!  Right close behind this run was the 3 miler where it right after it started to snowing.  Going out to run I got some odd looks from people hustling to get out of the weather.  Yet on the on the running path the looks changed as other runners gave a slight smile and head nod.  


Least Favorite Run: The 5 miler on the treadmill.  I was able to get the treadmill serviced and back in working order so my AWOL from running streak stopped at 2.  While it felt good to be running again, 5 miles on the treadmill is not something I want to do again.  Ironically watching Tinkerbell with my girls while I ran didn't help pass the time.


Current Obsession: I finally got a Kindle so know I'm staying up way too late downloading all of the free the ebooks of the classics such as The Count of Monte Cristo.

What I'm Most Proud Of: Feeling like I could have ran longer than required after completing my first 5 mile long run, however that I'm most proud of the fact that I've kept my running priorities in place for the whole month. 

2 comments: