Thursday, September 30, 2010

Three Things Thursday

"Rain with a chance of thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty winds. Rain may be heavy at times. Highs in the mid 70s. North winds 10 to 15 mph...becoming southwest this afternoon. Chance of rain near 100 percent." Thank you Tropical Storm Nicole. So far this forecast has turned out to be very true. I left the house at 0630 to catch my ride to work...2 hours later I've only driven about 8 miles. I was forced to exercise "Option B" and catch the metro. It is clear that this much rain and D.C. traffic to not go together very well. The real scary part is that I hear the worst of the rain is still coming this way with possible tornado warnings so it should be an interesting day at the office. At least my yard is getting watered for free! I guess I'm going to have to mow the weeds earlier than planned next week.


I think I might be the last person to sign up for DailyMile. I already had a couple friends using it to track their mileage so I'm looking forward to being motivated and keeping them motivated in reaching their goals. Now that I'm trying this new site it really bothers me that coming into work later than expected is causing me to postpone my run till this afternoon. So if I don't have something posted before I leave work feel free to harass me until I do. This also applies to Saturday because I must get my run in before the day begins because we are going to be real busy. If you are using DailyMile look me up (jraypritch@gmail.com).

The basement is finally complete. After 4 inspections, many hours of labor and pushing the limits on our credit card we can now start using the basement as living space. Our original plan of getting it done before Lauren arrived proved to be wishful thinking. We had to re-adjust our goals to getting it done before 17 Oct when Madalynn and Lauren are dedicated at church. Hopefully with the help of neighbors and friends all of the furniture will be moved to the place of M.'s choosing. All in all it's been a good week...now if the rain would go away things would get much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment