Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Date With Paula


I have a date with another women in March of next year. Before you get all worried, Michelle knows about it and supports me on this one. Heck she will probably cook the pasta dinner for the date!

In 2006 when a good friend and I decided to run the USAF ½ marathon…as fun…I found out I actually enjoy running. I haven’t’ been running as much as would like but I'm getting the itch to do something about it. I originally created a goal to run a half marathon in Wilmington NC at the end of the year however, typical with my current running schedule, that won’t happen. So, I’ve created a new goal: The National Half Marathon. I’m broadcasting this to the world so that you can hold me accountable. I’m not expecting to set any speed records, I just want to finish.

Now onto the date. I have some unfinished business with Paula Radcliffe. My original goal in 2006 was to beat the women’s world record for a full marathon. In other words I wanted to run 13.1 miles faster the 2 hours 15 minutes and 25 seconds it took Paula to run 26.2 miles in 2003. The result of this goal 2:17:24…I’m slow! She beat me by 2 full minutes.

So on 26 Mar 11, I have a date with Paula. I will be the gentleman and pay for our race entrance fee but that's where chivalry stops. I will not let her beat me again. As soon as I’m victorious, I will have to find another victim to embarrass! Maybe Oprah in the full marathon. But being that I don't cheat on my wife I won't cheat on Paula so Oprah will have to wait!

Yours,
Pritch


http://inaworldofpink.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment