Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I AM A MAN!


I believe that grilling, regardless of the weather, is always the first choice of cooking.

I enjoy any type of sports on giant HD plasma screen TV’s.

I think a man purse is still a purse.

My favorite movies include Lord of the Rings and Band of Brothers.

I love the smell of saw dust and gasoline.

I only see 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach is a fruit, not a color. I have no idea what mauve is.

I like to occasionally partake in drinking a Sam Adams and smoking cigars.

I can make fire with sticks and flint.

I can never have enough power tools even if I only use them once.

I take my coffee black.

However, God apparently has a sense of humor and felt that I needed to dial back the testosterone. In a big way. Michelle has scheduled her C-section for 8 July. That means I will be the lone man in the house with 4

…gulp…

Girls.

Growing up I never imagined myself in this position. To quote the All-American family man Clark Griswold, “If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn’t be more surprised than I am now.”

At any rate, I am beside myself with excitement, anticipation, and joy!

I am Man, but…

My best friend in the whole-wide-world is a girl (Michelle).

I can learn to appreciate dance recitals.

I already know all of the names of the Disney Princesses.

I cried when I watched My Girl for the first time.

I’ve been told that I am a good listener.

My truck will still be manly with pink car seats.

I’m not afraid to have my fingernails painted.

I will have a separate shotgun for each girl when they start dating...at the age of 45.

I will attempt to understand why beds need so many pillows.

I know how to make a quick impromptu pony tail.

…and my future man-cave will be bigger than your house. (Hey, I can dream, right?)

One step at a time,

Pritch
http://inaworldofpink.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Love it Ray. So glad to find your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily! We definitely need to schedule a visit once everything gets back to a quasi routine.

    ReplyDelete