Monday, June 7, 2010

Everybody Has a Price

McDonald's has a limited time deal where you can get 50 nuggets. 50 nuggets are you kidding me? I’m assuming that its mean to be shared by 2 people but seriously 50 of them? I’m partial to Chick-fil-la nuggets but I’m pretty positive that you couldn’t pay me to eat 50 of them at one sitting. Of course I once got paid $5 in an economics class to have a pie thrown in my face. The lesson presented in the class was that everybody has a price where they are willing to do something. Apparently I valued $5 more than my classmates.

This reminds me of a recent blog post I read last week so I’m going to follow his idea. I’ll list 3 things that I really don’t want to do, but using the economic professor’s theory I’ll tell you how much money it would take for me to actually do them.

1. Be a jock-strap test dummy. On the “Sports Science” a guy volunteered to test out the latest jock-strap and protective cup by having a MLB pitcher throw a fastball into his family jewels. Surprisingly he lived to say that he felt nothing. Even with his survival, I’m not keen on this idea.

My price – $40,755, the cost of a fully loaded 2011 Honda Odyssey

2. Be a mall Santa. Having a gazillion kids, all with nasty colds and running noses putting their peed stained pants sitting you’re your lap does not sound enticing. Adding to that experience, you are forced to smile and try to get the kids to look at the camera for the whole day. This has got to be one of the worst jobs ever.

My price – $ 14,000, that’s about $500 for every day from Thanksgiving till Christmas Eve.

3. Become a vegetarian for one whole year. I love steak, cheeseburger, and chicken way too much to not touch it in a year. Sure I might lose some weight and even learn to like other foods (tomatoes, cucumbers, etc) but I think I would be real cranky during this time. Can I still eat fish?

My price – $ 950, no reason the number just sounds about right.

Curious what you your Top 3?

No comments:

Post a Comment