Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Book Review: The Principle of the Path by Andy Stanley


I recently read a book that helped refine my perspective on living a Christian life. In his book, The Principle of the Path, Andy Stanley uses Proverbs 7:6-27 (as well as other verses in Proverbs) to bring home the fact that the decisions we make everyday will bring about certain outcomes. All too often I feel like the guy in the Far Side cartoon who know the concept but needs to actually apply it! In a nutshell, your attention determines your direction and ultimately your directions. If you notice the word intention is not found anywhere written here. Learning to apply this principle will give us a greater chance of accomplishing the will of God and avoiding a great deal of regret. This book has challenged me to develop a new outlook on how I plan my day, spend my money, what I watch and even what I eat. If you are looking for a thought provoking book that is easy to read pick up this one. You won’t be disappointed.

Here is a link to an interview with Andy Stanley that gives a better description of the book:

http://www.christianpost.com/article/20090418/interview-andy-stanley-on-the-principle-of-the-path/index.html

One step at a time,
Pritch
http://inaworldofpink.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment